Our client is a major insurance player - looking to build a team of Data Business Analysts who can act as a bridge between technology and business to work on data solutions.
12 month extendable and convertible contract with immediate start and good salary!
- Work with Business Stakeholders, Project Managers and Technology teams to assist in the implementation and maintenance of data projects.
- Work with business stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate business requirements into data requirements.
- Conduct data mapping workshops with technology teams and business stakeholders to source for required data.
- Create validation datasets for business stakeholders to ensure requirements are met.
- Provide ETL team with clear understanding of data mapping and discuss on potential code optimisation.
- Work with business stakeholders to come up with data quality rules.
- Engage with both business and technology stakeholders during testing, driving defect investigation and resolution.
- Support change requests by assessing impact on downstream processes and driving required changes in mapping.
- Support documentation of data-related artefacts required for compliance with data governance.
Experience / Skills
- Good communication skills and experience in collaborating with different team members from business and technology.
- Good understanding of enterprise applications, business processes and business requirement analysis.
- Analytical, detail-oriented, ability to manage timelines and adapt to project needs.
- Work experience in regulatory reporting projects such as IFRS 4, IFRS 17, BCBS 239 etc. is added advantage.
- Advanced proficiency in SQL, or any other data querying language.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Proficient knowledge of Tableau, Power BI, or other business intelligence tools.
- Insurance domain knowledge is an added advantage.
- Degree in Maths / Statistics / Analytics/ Technology/ Business or a relevant discipline
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a business analyst or data analyst role working with business stakeholders
- Working experience in at least one project related to business intelligence, reporting or data warehousing.
- Having 1 or more of the following experiences:
- Working knowledge in database and system design
- Working knowledge about querying data, data visualization and data analysis
- Performed in the role of a business analyst in analytics or reporting capacity
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.