- Lead, guide, and manage the company holistic UX/UI design team, ensuring high-quality design outcomes while fostering the professional development of team members.
- Formulate and execute the overall design strategy and frameworks, aligning them with business objectives, user insights, product propositions, and brand identity.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in Vietnam and Thailand, including business units, product managers, developers, and other stakeholders, to grasp business objectives and requirements.
- Direct and organize user research, encompassing field user research, secondary research, and usability testing to understand users' mindsets, perceptions, behaviors, and preferences.
- Review and offer recommendations for UX/UI wireframes that effectively convey design concepts and interactions, incorporating information hierarchy, interaction, visual, motion, and content writing design.
- Ensure user satisfaction throughout the UX/UI design process by utilizing a combination of quantitative and qualitative data-driven recommendations for design enhancements.
- Develop brand identities and visual design languages for new digital products.
- Conduct regular design reviews and provide constructive feedback to the design team, fostering a design culture of open discussions.
- Define and uphold design guidelines and standards to maintain consistency across all products and platforms.
- Comprehend and adhere to international design standards while capturing the essence of local Vietnamese language, culture, and products.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience as a UX/UI designer, showcasing successful projects across various platforms.
- At least 5 years of experience in a leadership or management role, demonstrating effective leadership and team inspiration.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to think strategically while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to convey unconventional, creative, and innovative thought processes.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, articulating design concepts and rationale to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Profound knowledge of user-centered design principles, UX research methodologies, communication design, human interaction design, and user interface design.
- Proficiency in or understanding of UX/UI-related design tools such as Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, or similar.
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.